Saturday, July 28, 2007

Days 62-65 - Tues-Fri, July 24-27

Leaving Sierra City, I had a 2800' climb to about 7000'. I pushed my pace and mileage on Monday and Tuesday to catch the group of thru-hikers who had left the day before me. I caught a group of three including Kurt the Corrupter. We decided to hook up again.


We made it to Belden (mile 1289). The Deacon had called me on Monday to say it looked like a haven for drug addicts and drug dealers. Wow, I had to agree with him. It is a pretty scary place! There are no activities going on. I had booked cabin 13 for the night but when we got there, it was dilapidated and covered in cobwebs. We went into the town store and most of the food was expired. We decided to not stay there and went on down to stay at the trail angels place, the Braatens.
My health is good and I haven't had any problems with my feet. Jerry sent new Hardrock shoes to Belden. Got to say Hardrocks and Dirty Girl gaiters are the best!

Darn, my thermarest sleeping pad has a leak so it goes flat during the night. I called Jerry on Thursday to get me a new one and send it to Old Station so I can pick it up on Monday.

As we leave Belden, we have a 5000' climb. Woo Hoo, on Friday we reached the halfway point near Hwy 36.

We are going off trail about 10 miles to Chester to get internet access.

2 comments:

Dieselmota said...

Half way there! wOOhoo!

Love your smiling face in all your pictures. You look like you are having the time of your life.

Namaste, Liesel

Running 2 Mohican said...

Way to go! You are amazing!